Pages

D.I.Y Trip

D.I.Y. doesn't stand for 'Do it Yourself', but it stands for 'Daerah Istimewa Yogjakrta', one of the special and amazing town in Indonesia!

Alhamdulillāh, this morning I've arrived from Jogjakarta after having a wonderful short trip with mom. I spent about three days there but in those period, I've visited and ate the central place to eat Jogja's special food; gudeg around Street Wijilan, visited Borobudur Temple, Affandi's Museum, Parangtritis Beach,  Kota Gede, dinner at Soto Kadipiro (they serve super delicious soto, masha Allāh!), used the transportation 'Trans Jogja' (the latest improvement of shuttle bus in Jogja), went to Universitas Gajah Mada, Plaza Ambarrukmo, Kraton, Taman Sari, and surely walked around Malioboro! Malioboro is a must visited tourist attraction to get souvenirs and some goodies.. Malioboro area has always been living up with a bunch of people with various activities! 

Since it's going to be a long post for the trip I had to be placed in just one post, I'm going to write them later insha Allāh. But now, I'm going to share what I got from Jogjakarta. I had some interesting buys!

I'm sorting these out randomly but I'll start it from top left to bottom right:
  1. Red batik trousers
  2. Javanese people on white shirt
  3. Onthel shirt
  4. Patchwork maxi skirt
  5. Batik slippers
  6. Butterfly necklace
  7. Javanese language dictionary
  8. Pink, blue, and green bubbly bangles
  9. Five flower rings in one set, here's the closer look:


And the rest are some tickets to get into particular areas, brochure and a pencil gift from Museum Affandi. I've always liked to collect stuffs for my keepsakes. Currently, I like wearing simple white shirts a lot, especially with some unique designs on it. Jogja is absolutely a fine place to get nice unique shirts. The creativity of Jogja people is well known in Indonesia and worldwide too.


Here, I'm posing with my new wall sticker for my bedroom decoration. I was crazily excited when I found it at Plaza Ambarrukmo, Jogjakarta. I'm such a "happy bird-girl", thanks Mama! I also tried on my so called "Jogja Style": 

Fashion Formula:
Onthel! - Djogdja - Have fun with my bike rolled-up sleeves shirt from Malioboro + Zara white long sleeved shirt + Patchwork maxi skirt from Mirota + Batik slippers from Mirota

Alhamdulillāh, to travel has given me a good effect for the soul. I'm really glad to have gone to Jogjakarta. Even though it's not my first time going there but, in my age now, I am more eager to learn various cultures and more conscious to learn various aspect of the characteristics from different places. When I was younger I wasn't aware as much as I am right now. It's really interesting to learn alongside with tasting the 'experience' itself at the same time.  
The Benefits in Travelling
 تغرب عن الأوطان في طلب العلى *** وسافر ففي الأسفار خمس فوائد
Leave your country in search of loftiness
And travel! For in travel there are 5 benefits,
 تفرج هم واكتساب معيشة *** وعلم وآداب وصحبة ماجد
Relief of adversity and earning of livelihood
And knowledge and etiquettes and noble companionship
 فإن قيل في الأسفار ذل ومحنة *** وقطع الفيافي وارتكاب الشدائد
If it is said that travelling brings humiliation and difficulty
And long journeys across deserts and toil and trouble,
 فموت الفتى خير له من قيامه *** بدار هوان بين واش وحاسد
Then death is better for a person than him remaining
In a humiliating land between traitors and enviers
 المرء إن كان عاقلا ورعا *** أشغله عن عيوب غيره ورعه
If a person is intelligent and pious
His piety occupies him from the sins of others
 كما العليل السقيم أشغله *** عن وجع الناس كلهم وجعه
Just like the ill one is kept preoccupied
From the sickness of others by his own sickness
---
“Orang berilmu dan beradab tidak akan diam di kampung halaman. Tinggalkan negerimu dan merantaulah ke negeri orang. Merantaulah, kau akan dapatkan pengganti dari kerabat dan kawan. Berlelah-lelahlah, manisnya hidup terasa setelah lelah berjuang. Aku melihat air menjadi rusak karena diam tertahan. Jika mengalir menjadi jernih, jika tidak, kan keruh menggenang. Singa jika tak tinggalkan sarang tak akan dapat mangsa. Anak panah jika tidak tinggalkan busur tak akan kena sasaran. Jika matahari di orbitnya tidak bergerak dan terus diam. Tentu manusia bosan padanya dan enggan memandang.  Bijih emas bagaikan tanah biasa sebelum digali dari tambang. Kayu gaharu tak ubahnya seperti kayu biasa jika didalam hutan”  
(Imam Syafi'i)
Imam Syafi'i's quotation has put me on a sense of excitement. Maybe right now I've just been travelling for the 'fun' and to increase knowledge too. Hopefully one day I can go travel for something that 'I'm working on', something like for the good of humanity. Aamiin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment