Pages

Flashback: 18 and Graduated!

Photobucket
I am officially a high-school graduate and turned 18 at the same time! It was on 23rd May my school held the graduation day for year 2011 at Grand Serela Hotel, Bandung. I wasn't as prepared as I prepared for prom night because I thought prom night would be more vivacious than the graduation day. And I was really excited to design my own dress!

My mom was the one who was really concerned about what I was going to wear on my graduation day way before D-day because, she didn't want to be panic on D-day. Rather than joining mom to be troublesome, I made some unrealistic jilbab looks (below).
Photobucket
The unrealistic looks

So then.. when time felt faster than Shinkansens, I chose to wear my non-Islamic kebaya rather than making the new one. It's the one that was made for my cousin's wedding on 2009. I liked that my 'bride' cousin, and my sisters have the same materials to make these kebayas. it's really sweet in spite of the short sleeves which I feel so uncomfortable to be worn.

And finally, I wore the kak Dian Pelangi jilbab style. Easy breezy comfy!
Photobucket
Realisation.
Make up by my sister; Citra. :*
Photobucket
Paturay Tineung
Photobucket
The girls!
Photobucket
The unforgettable classmates of my own; IPA 3 2011. ({})
Photobucket
Loveliest friends of all time
L to R: Hasna, Annisam Lestari, Melinda, and I
Photobucket
Me and Annisa's 'not-ours' matchy match sparkling heels
Photobucket
Cheese cake from mom and sisters :9
I was wrong! I had the best day ever. I felt so blessed to meet all the people I used to see at school everyday in our best dresses and suits, honoring the times we had at SMAN 20, for getting the best education, met our best friends there, maybe met our true loves, and the unforgettable memories we had together inside the old and 'not-so-big' building. Yes, it is. Knowing that it'll be a little chance to get these momentary moments with our fresh faces and young hearts in the future. My gradution day was precious. Those moments were the best gifts I had on my birthday, with a lovely surprise at home after the event given from my family.

The next step is just begun. I am so thankful to Allah that I had the chance to study in this school, even it's not the school that I aimed to go when I was in middle school, and it's not entitled as the 'best' school in Bandung. To me, SMAN 20 was the place I started seeing the outside world with hope, smile, and optimism. I got the best experiences there even though I was pessimistic about the high school myth known as: "The most beautiful times in life". And I ended having those high school times with beautiful traces in my heart. Allah Know Best, Indeed.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment