Pages

Illustration Workshop

Dear Ramadhan, it's hard to believe a week of you has already passed. Please slow down. Sincerely, Me.
- Pearl Daisy Ltd
How come Ramadan has passed faster than I thought? I wish we can make the most of it! Ameen. 

I attended a free illustration workshop at Sekolah Tinggi Desain Indonesia (STDI) with Hutri today. At first, Hutri would like to join the tie die workshop, but it's only available another day whereas we wanted to join the workshop today. So, here we went. We firstly shocked when we arrived at the place because all the participants were guys  (but later, some ladies are joined in too -- yay!), and they were sharing about the manga illustrations. At first Hutri refused to enter the room, but I forced her because I was only halfway there, and all those guys have already seen me. Sooo, err.. it would be so awkward if I suddenly ran away. And then we joined in. Oh thanks GOD they didn't continue to discuss about all the manga thingy. The main material discussed about Norman Rockwell's illustrations. I haven't noticed this artist before because I am more into fine arts, but after I attended this workshop, I finally could feel how it's like to be an art student for a day. Discussing art pieces is like a long long story. It's a proof that a picture worth a thousand words. It was pretty refreshing to me because I hadn't had an art discussion for quite a long time, and it's the first time to me to draw on A5 sized paper, again! Art is no easy business. It needs another kind of intelligence to make, or even to understand art.  

Outfit Time!   
Fashion Formula:
Custom made shirt + Temiko long cardigan + Baggy jeans + Navy blue scarf + Traditional bag from Aceh + Yellow flat shoes (but I wore my batik slippers on this pic)
I haven't been wearing nail polishes for years! I'm just lazy to wear it -- I even want to give them away. Currently, I'm tidying up my wardrobe so, I found these nail polishes and wanted to give them some tries while I'm having my period. When I apply it on my right hand's fingers, I truly realized how my right brain is truly untrained. I had applied several colours but I finally go with this look (look, there are some disgusting-looking red strikes left around the cuticle area). Nude, with the touch of glitters. I really want to have a balance use for both of my brains -- especially for the right one, and I think to play musical instrument is one of the best way, isn't it? I want to be able to play violin so bad!  
Ah, what a fashion magazine junkie I really was! These are my collections I have since I was in junior high school. Fashion magazines were like my daily meals, source of inspiration, and my soul just got tight with them. Now is different. I hadn't bought anymore (imported) fashion magazine since I entered college. These are so heavy, and I'm thinking to sell these piles of my pre-loved. I also had sort out some of my clothes to be given, and sell them away (you can see on the first picture on this post, there are so many paper bags behind me). Oh, wish me luck to get rid these away!

P.S. I wore the same shirt, and scarf in two posts in a row! what a favourite pieces of mine. And I'm thinking about to -- finally -- make a D.I.Y post after this. Don't forget to catch up soon :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment