Pages

Abu Usamah



Assalamu'alaikum,
I'd like to share my favourite Qur'an reciter whose name is Abu Usamah. From what I found on wikipedia, he's a mualaf (revert). Masha Allaah.. and now he's an Imam at Green Lane Masjid in Birmingham, England. Firstly, I accidentally found his Qur'an recitation Surah Al-Fiil to be put on my tumblr blog. I was instantly soothed hearing his recitations. His voice is so beautiful, smooth, and he doesn't read it too fast. That's why his recitations are very easy-listening for some people like me. Gladly, on soundcloud website, we can download some of the files there. And mostly Abu Usamah's recitations are surah makkiyah, the ones that are more easier to be memorized. It really helps to memorize some Surah in the Qur'an when we listened to it repeatedly. You can see my last.fm playlist here. I really recommend to play the playlist above. Hopefully you'll get 'that' feeling too. 

There are so many great Qur'an reciters out there. Most of them are people I don't know. I rarely go to the 'live' Qur'an recitation (pengajian). I mostly read the Qur'an alone. Oh! How I wish I could improve my Qur'an recitations and surely the most important is the understanding of it, and how I practice the Qur'an in my daily life. In Shaa Allaah.. wish the rest of my life can be fulfilled with beneficial knowledges. 

3 comments:

  1. Subhanallah.. Adeem dengerinnya.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alhamdulillaah.. merasakan efek yang sama juga nih, semoga dapet manfaat yang lain-lainnya juga. :)
      makasih udah berkunjung ke blog ku ya! :D

      Delete
  2. I don't think the reciter is Abu Usamah

    ReplyDelete